Useful information for individuals, workers, business owners and members of the public on COVID-19.

Many people contact me asking for updates on changes to the NSW Public Health Order rules and restrictions, as they apply to regional and rural NSW.

I know there are some challenges in reading them, but please give it a go and then ask me questions or discuss.

I update my Facebook page regularly. Please see below a list of key links that outline the rules and restrictions currently in place regarding COVID 19.

I shall continue to make representations on behalf of locals and businesses to seek support, clarification where needed and take up issues that concern and impact on our families and communities.

FULL LIST OF RULES AND RESTRICTIONS – Visit Rules – affected regions.

FACE MASK RULES – Visit Mask Rules.

Must be worn whenever you leave the home unless exercising.


A reasonable excuse is if you need to

  • obtain food or other goods and services locally
  • leave home to go to work if
    • you cannot reasonably work from home  and
    • the business is allowed to be open
  • leave home for education if it is not possible to do it at home
  • exercise and take outdoor recreation within your local government area or, if you need to cross into another local government area, stay within 5km of your home
  • go out for medical or caring reasons, including obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination.

See the list of other reasonable excuses.


The advice reads:

Stay within your local government area. You can cross into another local government area if it is within 5km of your home and it is not a local government area of concern (unless the food or goods or services or their equivalent are not reasonably available locally).




SCHOOL RESTRICTIONS – VisitSchool COVID-19 update.


Visiting another person is not a reasonable excuse to leave your home, nor can you allow a person to visit your home.

Please do not hesitate to ring me on 6621 3624 for email if you have any concerns or need more information.


NSW COVID-19 Hotline 13 77 88 run by Service NSW will answer inquiries on restrictions, cost of living assistance, financial assistance for business and rules around social distancing. 

For the latest information and updates on COVID-19, including information on the current Public Health Orders, please visit NSW Government and COVID-19.

For information about Queensland Border Restrictions, including the border zone map and border pass, please visit and QLD Government Restrictions and Traveling to QLD.

For information about Queensland Border Restrictions and exemption for essential farm and agribusiness workers, please visit QLD Agribusiness.

For the latest information on what you can and can’t do under the COVID-19 rules, please visit COVID-19 rules.

For the latest information about current situation and case numbers, please visit the Australian Government Department of Health website, here: current situation and case numbers.

To find your nearest COVID-19 clinic, please visit NSW COVID-19 clinics.

For the latest update and information from the Local Health District, including information about hospital visitations, please visit:

·         Northern NSW Local Health District.

·         Hunter New England Local Health District.

For advice from the World Health Organisation, please visit: Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic.

Governments Advice to slow the spread of COVID-19.

      If you or someone you know is distressed, the following free services are there to help:

* If life is in danger of for urgent medical intervention, 000 (voice) or 106 (text).

* Lifeline 13 11 14 – 24-hour telephone and online chat crisis support & suicide intervention.

* 1800Respect (1800 7377 328) – 24-hour support for sexual assault & domestic violence victims.

* Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467.

* Mental Health Line 1800 011 511 – access to local acute care crisis service.

* National Mental Health Helpline – 1800 643 287 (MHF AUS).

* Mensline Australia 1300 789 978 – 24-hour support counselling for men.

* Kids Helpline 1800 551 800 – confidential 24-hour counselling for 5 to 25 year olds.

* Beyondblue 1300 224 636 – 24-hour telephone and online chat service with links to local services.

* SANE Australia 1800 187 263 – talk to a mental health professional 10 AM – 10 PM.

* Blue Knot Helpline 1300 657 380 – counselling for victims of child abuse and trauma, and their helpers, 7 days, 9 AM – 5 PM.

* QLife 1800 184 527 – support for LGBTIQA+ community.

* Open Arms 1800 001 046 – 24-hour telephone counselling & crisis support for Veterans & their families.

* Thirrili 1800 805 801 – Critical Response Support Advocate for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.

Media Releases

Saffin demands a better deal for our border communities

LISMORE MP Janelle Saffin is calling on the NSW Government to ensure a better deal for our unique border communities, particularly as residents and businesses navigate the economic and social challenges of recovering from COVID-19 restrictions.

Media Releases

State takes back 391 kms of roads; only 14,609 kms to go

‘THE Nationals in Government’ have their work cut out for them in delivering on an election commitment to take back up to 15,000 kilometres of regional roads from local councils to State ownership, Lismore MP Janelle Saffin predicts.