The Minns Labor Government is working towards landmark rental reforms and is asking renters- along with owners and industry- to put forward their views on the reforms which include:
- Ending no grounds evictions
- Making it easier to have pets
- Protecting renters’ personal information and privacy
- Easier transfer of rental bonds from one property to another
- Other ways to improve conditions for renters
Ms Saffin said in the ongoing housing crisis in the Northern Rivers it is important to be doing everything possible to take the pressure off renters.
“We have both formal and informal arrangements for housing in our region, and I think it’s important that local people have a say in the rental changes so that they reflect our needs.
The consultations open the way for the legislation to be introduced by the end of the year.
People can have their say on
rental reforms until August 11 by visiting the Have Your
Say page www.haveyoursay.nsw.gov.au/improving-nsw-rental-laws
Friday 7 July 2023