LISMORE MP Janelle Saffin has welcomed confirmation of Electorate-wide success in the Stronger Country Communities Fund Round 5.
“We’ve been waiting since November but I’ve checked the website and I’m pleased that so many good local projects I’ve strongly supported are now coming to fruition,” Ms Saffin says.
“Sharing in a total of almost $6 million in SCCF Round 5 grants is great news for our local communities in all four Local Government Areas and a timely injection of money into our local economies.
“Some recipients have contacted me to tell me of their success and they are absolutely thrilled.”
Successful Round 5 projects include:
- Lismore City Council, Heritage Park Improvements Project — $798,121.
- Far North Coast Hockey Incorporated, construction of water harvest storage tanks at its Goonellabah Hockey Facility — $336,431.
- Lismore City Council, Goonellabah Skate Park Upgrade — $306,193.
- Lismore City Council, Lismore Transit Centre Changing Places Facility — $244,725.
- Police Citizens Youth Clubs NSW Ltd, PCYC Lismore empowering youth post-disaster through sport — $230,191.
- Kyogle Council, Kyogle Main Street Revitalisation — $929,155.
- Kyogle Together Incorporated, Weaving of the Voice of the rivers and the night sky project — $208,000.
- Findon Public Recreation Reserve Land Manager, tennis court upgrade at Bundgeam Hall — $176,340.
- Tweed Shire Council, Murwillumbah Community Centre upgrade and refurbishment — $1 million.
- Riding for the Disabled Association of NSW: Tweed Valley charity, all weather arena project — $407,975.
- Tenterfield Shire Council, Tenterfield Youth Precinct infrastructure upgrade Stage 2 — $904,968.
- Steinbrook Progress Association Incorporated, upgrade Steinbrook Community Hall for people with disabilities and hall maintenance — $278,174.
- Make It Tenterfield Incorporated, Evoke creativity workshops for the Over-55s — $133,437.
- Electorate Total — $5,953,710.
- FLASHBACK: Janelle Saffin MP visits PCYC Lismore after the 28 February 2022 flood.