LISMORE MP Janelle Saffin has congratulated nine local sporting organisations on sharing a total of $49,554 under the NSW Government’s Local Sport Grant Program 2021-22.
Ms Saffin said she had written to local sporting clubs this week, confirming their success under the NSW Office of Sport-administered small grants program, one which is always heavily subscribed.
“I wish all these clubs the best of success with implementing their respective projects that will benefit their members and strengthen community spirit as we recover from the floods of February and March,” Ms Saffin said.
“My advice to those clubs who missed out this year is to reapply next year or keep looking for funding opportunities because all good projects eventually find their time to shine.”
Successful recipients and projects include:
- Murwillumbah Junior Rugby League Football Club Incorporated, amenities block upgrade to suit all member needs, including females — $15,000.
- Tenterfield Endurance Riding Club Incorporated, base camp project — $7,296.
- Northern United Rugby League Football Club Incorporated, Lismore Aboriginal Rugby League Knock Out — $5,000.
- Lismore City Archers, Summer Sun project — $5,000.
- Murwillumbah Rowing Club, rowing 8 boat conversion to an Octuple — $5,000.
- Murwillumbah Vulcans Junior Australian Football Club, Vulcans equipment project –$4,451.
- South Lismore Bowling & Recreation Club, SLBC barefoot bowls — $3,624.
- Kyogle Golf Club Limited, sport development projects — $1,996.
- Northern United Rugby League Football Club Incorporated, Lismore Aboriginal Knock Out Training Program II — $1,700.
- Murwillumbah Croquet Club Incorporated, promote participation in sport and physical activity — $816.