STATE Member for Lismore Janelle Saffin has congratulated 10 sporting clubs across our Electorate of Lismore for sharing in $50,000 worth of funding under the NSW Government’s 2020-21 Local Sport Grant Program.
Ms Saffin said this small grants program, administered by the NSW Office of Sport, would assist successful recipients to upgrade their sports infrastructure, outfit players, hold clinics or stage events.
“Our region is renowned for its high level of active participation in so many sports and for being a nursery for developing great sporting talent, and every little bit of funding helps towards realising projects,” Ms Saffin said.
Successful recipients in the 2020-21 program include:
- Far North Coast Hockey Incorporated, junior participation workshop — $1950.
- Goonellabah Tennis Club, upgrade of tennis court lighting — $15,000.
- Kyogle Golf Club Limited, installation of bottle filling station and drinking fountain on the golf course — $3470.
- Lismore Croquet Club Incorporated, installation of solar panels and air-conditioning — $5356.
- Lismore Rowing Club, host the Lismore Regatta 2480 — $5000.
- Lismore Workers Softball Club Limited, purchase of new uniforms and softball equipment — $2092.
- Murwillumbah Colts Junior Rugby League, training equipment and uniforms for girls’ league tag — $4000.
- Murwillumbah Tennis Club, purchase of uniforms for female and junior players — $4332.
- Northern Rivers Football Academy, coach mentorship program for Under-14s and Under-16s, and competition kits for junior players — $6800.
- Tweed Border Hockey Association, provision of workshops run by qualified hockey coaches and umpires — $2000.
- Electorate total — $50,000.
Ms Saffin reminded all local sporting clubs of that applications for two other very handy grant programs close on Monday, 12 April, 2021.
The Local Sport Defibrillator Grant Program allocates money to assist sporting clubs across NSW in the purchase and maintenance of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs). Grants are available up to 50 per cent of the AED package in Zones 1 and 2 and up to 75 per cent in Zone 3.
Her Sport Her Way Grants $10,000 – $50,000 grants are only available to NSW State Sporting Organisations and State Sporting Organisations for people with disability.
Thursday, 1 April 2021.