STATE Member for Lismore Janelle Saffin has congratulated land managers across our Electorate on sharing in more than $1.5 million worth of NSW Government funding under the 2020-21 Crown Reserves Improvement Fund Program (CRIFP).
Ms Saffin said land managers showed great dedication and commitment to their local communities and this much-needed funding would help with repairs and maintenance projects, pest and weed control, new recreational infrastructure or environmental initiatives.
“In 2020-21, a period dominated by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government allocated an additional $40 million in stimulus funding, resulting in a record $51.7 million supporting a total of 705 projects statewide,” Ms Saffin said.
“I know that local communities which are recovering from drought, bushfires and COVID impacts, really appreciate the economic benefits that flow from the CRIFP and the opportunity to replenish their Crown reserves.”
Successful 2020-21 projects include:
- Bonalbo Showground, refurbishment of the stumps and flooring to the Luncheon Pavilion and an upgrade of horse yard fencing, $92,328.
- Collins Creek Public Hall, purchase and install rooftop solar system, $5445.
- Collins Creek Public Hall, construction of accessible amenities, repurposing of amenity facilities and window upgrades, $50,224.
- Kyogle Recreation Area (Kyogle Council), control of weeds in reserve, $13,200.
- Wiangaree Reserve (Kyogle Council), upgrades to the access, deck, yards and painting of the hall on the reserve, $92,000.
- Kyogle Showground, repair of drainage system, $35,000.
- Liston Children’s Playground Reserve, playground upgrade, including an additional shade sail and fence replacement, $13,012.
- Mallanganee Campdraft Incorporated, replacement of cattle yards at the grounds, $37,794.
- Mallanganee Campdraft Incorporated, construction of a new road and entry to the yards, $15,437.
- Mount Burrell Community Centre, construction of accessible amenities, $37,519.
- Murwillumbah Showground, replacement of toilet block, $390,094.
- Tabulam Public Hall, construction of an outdoor barbecue entertainment area, improvement to building access, repairs to kitchen and purchase of equipment, and flooring repairs, $54,869.
- Tenterfield Common, control of weeds, $15,000.
- Tuntable Creek Public Hall, upgrade of kitchen facilities, repair to exterior seating, upgrade of access and painting to the exterior of the hall, $15,911.
- Tyalgum Recreation and Flora Reserve, installation of guttering downpipes and water tanks, and upgrade of fencing on the reserve, $69,195.
- Urbenville (R83461) Reserve, demolition of the canteen and construction of a new canteen at the reserve, $39,216.
- Woodenbong Showground, replacement of power lines and upgrade of the meter box, $89,997.
- Woodenbong Showground, upgrade and restumping of the pavilion and grandstand; upgrades to barbecue area, windows, security rollers, fencing, announcer’s box, gatehouse, pavilion and undercover area, and showjumping equipment, $406,341.
- Woodenbong Common, upgrade of fence, tree lopping and purchase of metal panels, $15,677.
- Woodenbong Public Hall, upgrade of food preparation facilities, $29,150.
- Electorate of Lismore total: $1,517,409.
Thursday, 11 February 2021.