Friday, 12th June 2020.
LISMORE MP Janelle Saffin has welcomed the easing of further COVID-19 restrictions from tomorrow (Saturday, 13 June), including the reopening of food courts across the Northern Rivers and Northern Tablelands regions.
Ms Saffin said food courts must have a COVID-safe plan in place when they reopen, which includes:
- Abiding by the 4-square-metre rule;
- A maximum of 50 people per separate seated eating area; and
- Enhanced hygiene and cleaning processes.
“I know many food outlets linked to food courts will be relieved to be in a position to reopen from this weekend, and this is another step in our economic recovery,” Ms Saffin said.
“I note NSW Minister for Health Brad Hazzard’s comments that every decision NSW is making in relation to easing restrictions is informed by health advice.”
In other easing of COVID-19 restrictions from tomorrow (Saturday, 13 June):
- The number of people allowed to visit homes will increase from 5 to 20; and
- The number of people allowed to gather outdoors will increase from 10 to 20.
For the latest information, please go to nsw.gov.au/covid-19