Saturday, 30th May 2020.
“I welcome the gradual reopening of local Councils’ public facilities as Covid-19 restrictions ease from Monday June 1, 2020.
“However, I ask people to make the effort to observe social distancing and hygiene measures while accessing our much-loved libraries, art galleries and museums.
“This way we will play an important part in keeping our community safe and keeping our favourite places open.
“Detailed information about Lismore City, Kyogle, Tenterfield and Tweed Shire can, of course, be found on their individual websites, but here is a snapshot:”
- Corporate Centre, Goonellabah, has been open for several weeks.
- Richmond-Tweed Regional Library’s Lismore branch expanding its Click and Collect services from June 1, (members collect reserved items weekly rather than monthly). The Lismore branch will open on July 1.
- Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre and Nimbin Transfer Station are open.
- Lismore Regional Gallery, Lismore Museum (run by the Richmond River Historical Society), Lismore Revolve Shop, Brewster Street Drop-off Centre and Lismore Rainforest Botanic Gardens remain closed.
- Kyogle Library will open on June 1.
- Roxy Gallery will open on June 10.
- Return and earn collection point at the Kyogle landfill will open June 1 but with 15-minute visits strictly by appointment only (phone 0266 323 002).
- Kyogle Visitor Information Centre, Kyogle Museum, Kyogle Memorial Institute Hall, Kyogle Community Centre and Kyogle Youth Centre remain closed.
- Tenterfield Library will open June 1, for two two-hour sessions a day for members to renew/exchange books or access the public computers.
- A Customer Service Desk (window access only) will operate from the Visitor Information Centre from June 1. Hours are 9am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Sir Henry Parkes Memorial School of Arts and Cinema, and the Riley Street Council Depot will remain closed, pending a review.
- Tweed Regional Aquatic Centres, Murwillumbah, squads only, opens June 1.
- Tweed Regional Gallery, Murwillumbah, opens June 3 (by bookings)
- Tip Shop at Stotts Creek RRC, opens June 3 (entry numbers limited).
- Richmond-Tweed Regional Library’s Murwillumbah branch, will open July 1.